Friday, January 20, 2017

New Journeys Await

I've decided to separate my photo blog from my running.  For the last 3 years, I've included race reports and other run related posts on 5-By Photo.  As I was out and about today, I decided that maybe I should go a different route.  I have started my journey to my first 100 mile race at the end of Sept and decided that I should document the fun getting there and beyond.  This new blog will still include photos, but will be more focused on my running and racing (and flying N28GM).



I want this to become a logbook of my journeys, not only for me, but for you as well.  I don't plan on posting daily, only when I want to document something for posterity sake.

On that note...I am winding down the first of my 3 week training block in preparation for Georgia Death Race on 1 April.  I am beat up.  I tried to do a Logik cycling session today, but couldn't get my heart rate high enough, even on a high resistance.  My legs were too sore to move the pedals.   Tomorrow, Mark and I will go for a 16 mile run at Great Seal State Park.  That will be 50 miles of running this week, a record for a week that didn't include a race. I'm over 100 miles this month and there's still a week to go!

I have this nagging worry that I'm over-training. I've never consistently done 40 mile weeks like this.  However, I am not forcing anything.  If I don't want to run, I don't.  I take rest days where I do only yoga or hiking.  (Being 'retired' has it's advantages right now). Yesterday's 12 mile run was a blast.  The first 6 were with Mark, then the next 6 just goofing off and running different combination of trails.  I am trying to add speed and hills, but have not been successful.  I enjoy running the trails at my pace and stopping to watch for birds.

Well, that's it for this first post.  Have a great night, it's time for some Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies and Town Branch Bourbon.


No comments:

Post a Comment