Sunday, June 11, 2017

Exploring the trails in FL

So I got to take 28GM to FL this week for a trip.  While looking for trails, I found the Florida National Scenic Trail that travels through the north of Eglin AFB.  I bought a pass and decided that I would be able to get there twice, once on Tuesday when I arrived and then again on Friday prior to departing on Sat.  However, when the meetings ended early and I was able to get home on Friday, I decided against the second run.  I'll be back to FL again in the future, so now I know where to find some trails.

The flying was pretty good, despite the delay caused by a flat tire.  Actually, the delay may have worked in my favor, as storms were moving through AL.  In fact, I was able to stay out of the storms for the most part the entire flight.



The FNST was pretty flat, but did have some roots and interesting features:






So this was my first week with Corrine Malcom as my coach.  I did intervals for the first time in a long time and remembered how much it hurt to do them.  Ouch.  I expect more of them are in my future for the time being.  I had to remind myself many times that this was all good mental training for the Bear in 15 weeks.

Totals for the week:
Miles: 42
Hours: 8
elevation: 2048 (doesn't help that I was in FL)

No comments:

Post a Comment